Strategic Marketing Study
Marketing strategy is a process that can allow an organization to concentrate its resources on the optimal opportunities with the goals of increasing sales and achieving a sustainable competitive advantage.
The cement industry is very dynamic and competition is fierce. Maintaining and enhancing ones presence in the market is becoming increasingly tricky. There is a need for increased market orientation as:
- Cement is slowly becoming a branded item rather than a commodity.
- Brand building is essential for both pull and push.
- There is a need to be proactive.
- Need for techno-marketing.
- Need to produce “What you can sell” as competition is ever increasing.
- Every region has its own market dynamics and it is important to understand the geographic diversity.
In today’s world, a well defined market strategy is a necessity for every cement company.
The following are critical to derive Market Strategy:
- Market Characteristics Study: Product type, price, packaging, seasonality, future trends, branding, advertising & promotion, etc.
- Competitor Study: Competition intensity, demand-supply gap, competitiveness analysis, current and envisaged future strategies of competitors, etc.
- Study of Customer Needs, Behaviour & Perceptions: Customer segmentation, brand awareness, product preferences and applications, packaging needs, buying behaviour and influencers, etc.
- Study of Channel Needs, Behavior & Perceptions: Channel margins, logistic requirements, geographic coverage, selling behaviour and influencers, etc.
Holtec integrates the basic elements of the market strategy determination process.
It helps in increasing the market share and achieving sustainable competitive advantage.