Geological Reconnaissance Surveys
Objective of Geological Reconnaissance Survey is to conduct a geological reconnaissance of an area for assessment and establishment of the likely available reserves and quality of limestone. This study is generally carried out for filing of Prospecting License (PL) / Mining Lease (ML) application.
- Geology of the area(s).
- Estimation of reserves/ quality as per United Nations Framework Classification (UNFC) classification.
- Evaluation of deposit on 100 point scale for following major parameters:
- Recovery ratio
- Depositional character
Broad methodology for Geological Reconnaissance Survey involves:
- Appraisal and study of data.
- Geological Reconnaissance of the area.
- Preparation of Geological Reconnaissance Report.
It helps an investor:
- Assess the potential of deposit(s).
- Comparatively evaluate and choose the most preferred deposit.