It is an exclusive service to manage raw materials, better. The objective of this service is to:
- Effect a reduction in the costs of material delivered to the plant for further processing.
- Homogenizing the quality of material delivered.
- Streamlining mining operations.
- Enhancing the longevity of mineral resources.
- Data Collection: For raw material requirements, operating parameters and performance parameters.
- Data Analysis: Delivered costs of raw materials, including stores & spares, consumables, repairs & maintenance, power, fuel, salaries & wages, CAPEX ownership (depreciation & interest), working capital, insurance, royalties & other duties, overheads etc.
- Identification of Cost Heads: Activities such as drilling, blasting, excavation, transport, reject handling, re-handling, mines development, environmental management, quality control, etc.
- Developing the Activity-Cost Head Matrix & Identification of Cost Influencers: Development of a matrix for relevant cost elements under different cost heads associated with each mining sub activity. Identification of parameters influencing costs, as relevant to each sub activity.
- Benchmarking: Comparison of performance parameters, sub-activity wise costs and total costs against benchmarks available with Holtec, as relevant to the particular environment.
- Strategic Action Planning: Strategic options.
- Identify options available for effecting improvements in
- Costs by modifying influencers and improving performance parameters.
- Quality by aligning quarry scheduling to optimal raw mix design.
- Operations by alleviating constraints and improving resource efficiencies/ utilization.
- Resource longevity through planned mining and mine development.
- Perform cost-benefit analysis to select the best option(s): Action planning.
- Develop Action Plans for facilitating the implementation of the strategy mix chosen highlighting:
- Strategy description.
- Timing for implementation.
- Implementation costs including CAPEX.
- Expected benefits.
- Activities involved in execution (including responsibilities and time-frames).
It helps in:
- Extending deposit life.
- Saving costs.
- Enhancing equipment utilization.
- Reducing variability in ROM quality.
- Rationalizing manpower strength.