Techno Economic Feasibility Studies
Objective of Techno-Economic Feasibility Studies/ Detailed Project Reports is to determine the technical feasibility and financial viability of the project, assess the risks associated with the project and enumerate imminent actions that are required to be taken. It helps a client get a detailed evaluation of a project.
Techno-Economic Feasibility Studies/ Detailed Project Reports cover the following based on the clients requirement:
- Markets: It covers estimated future sales revenue of the project based on estimated sales volumes and price.
- Raw Materials & Fuel: It estimates the adequacy of the quality and quantity of the raw materials and fuel for the project, make an estimate of its cost.
- Plant Siting, Location & Infrastructure: It assesses the existing infrastructure and actions required to develop the infrastructure necessary to set up the project.
- Project Technical Concept: This is core deliverable of the project and covers plant capacity, equipment sizing, storages, plant auxiliaries, system engineering, electrical engineering, civil engineering, Control & Automation engineering, Quality Control & Assurance, Captive Power Plant and Waste Heat recovery system (WHR) based on the project requirement.
- Logistics: Inbound and outbound logistics and logistics planning.
- Environment: Applicable Regulatory Framework and Environmental Impact of Project.
- Implementation Planning.
- Human Resources: Requirement and cost.
- Investment Cost: Fund requirement.
- Operating Cost: It covers cost of raw material, utilities, overheads, etc.
- Financial Appraisal: It covers project profitability, IRR, NPV, payback, etc.
- Risks & Mitigation.
Broad methodology of execution involves:
- Data collection
- Data analysis
- Report and Project formulation
It helps a client make an investment decision based on:
- Technical feasibility of the project.
- Financial viability of the project.
- The risks associated with the project.
- Actions required for risk mitigation.