Engineering Services for Captive Power Plant
Holtec specializes in all types of fossil fuels based captive power plants covering:
- Steam, gas turbine and combined cycle power plants.
- Coal fired power plants.
- Diesel engine power plants.
- Gas engine power plants.
Holtec has vast experience and expertise in the design of Power plants sector covering multitudes of fossil fuels such as Coal, Lignite, Pet coke Gas , heavy & light oils, crude oils, diesel etc.
Basic Engineering Services
- Selection of Power Plant fuel.
- Selection of type and size equipment.
- Selection of size and type of power plant fuel storage handling system.
- Ash handling system.
- Cooling system.
- Selection of size and type of various auxiliary/equipments.
- Conceptualization of power evacuation system and power distribution system.
- Conceptualization of instrumentation and controls requirements.
- Conceptualization of civil and structural works requirement for the various components.
- Floating for enquiries to selected bidders.
- Bid analysis (technical and commercial).
- Purchase recommendation.
- Preparation of contract document.
- Procurement schedules and cost estimates.
- Hazard and operatibility (HAZOP) study.
- Technical assistance to meet statutory requirements including drawings and documents.
Detailed Engineering Services : Mechanical
- Plot plan and equipment layout for various buildings and areas.
- Selection and specifications of power plant equipments like:-
- Steam generator and auxiliaries.
- Steam turbine generator and auxiliaries.
- Gas turbine generator and auxiliaries.
- Gas engine generator and auxiliaries, diesel engine generators and auxiliaries.
- Design and specification of fuel storage and handling system.
- Design and specification of ash handling storage and handling system.
- Design and specification of water system, compressed air system, HVAC system, miscellaneous material handling system.
- Design P&I diagrams for feed water, steam and condensate system, various water systems, cooling water system, fuel handling, raw water and water treatment system.
- Piping design and drawings including piping material specifications, layout drawings, isometrics, stress analysis, bill of materials, pipe supports etc.
- Design specifications for fire protection equipments/ systems.
- Review of vendor drawings.
Detailed Engineering Services : Electrical
- Design of power evacuation system.
- Estimation of auxiliary power (Normal and Emergency).
- Design of high tension and low tension power distribution system.
- Design/ sizing and specification of electrical equipments like transformers, switchgear (HT & LT) cables, lighting fittings etc.
- Electrical system study including relay coordination.
- Design and specification of variable speed drives for special applications.
- Design and specifications of various services systems like plant communication, fire alarm and detection.
- System study of electrical system.
- Review of electrical drawings.
Detailed Engineering Services:Control & Instrumentation
- Design and specifications for instrumentation and control system including DCS.
- Review of C&I drawings.
Architectural, Civil and Structural
- Architectural, civil and structural design including estimation of quantities for tender document, tender document for civil and structural works, plot development, drawings for statutory approvals and construction drawings for all buildings/ areas.
- Detailed civil engineering for complete power plant.
Inspection and Expediting Services
- Review of Quality Assurance Plans.
- Visiting vendor’s works for inspection and expediting.
- Inspection and expediting reports.
Construction and Commissioning Supervision Services
Complete site supervision and management by deputing competent Project Manager/Construction Manager and supporting staff at site.
The responsibilities include:
- Quality of construction/ erection works.
- Planning and controlling construction/ erection works to meet the project schedule.
- Reporting site progress to design office with short falls, if any, and corrective measures.
- Start up and commissioning assistance.
- Site performance test.
- Trouble shooting.
- Desk study of available data/ report.
- Site Visit by a multi disciplinary team.
- Kick-off meeting.
- Initiating field studies for project implementation.
- Cost effective solutions.
- Utilization of ash for cement production.
- Availability of power is not a constraint. In case of utility grid, interruption due to shortfall (seasonal) is expected across the country.
- Uniformity in Power Quality.