Capacity Balancing/ Enhancement
Capacity enhancement is to increase the capacity of a plant by utilizing the hidden potential of all the major equipments through:
- Capacity evaluation, balancing and identifying the potential capacity of all the major equipments.
- Addition of minimum number of equipments for meeting the shortfall in capacity.
- Balancing of equipment by modifications as far as possible within the existing equipments only.
- Minimum modifications in the existing equipments to the extent possible.
- Minimum plant shutdown.
- All the essential performance improvement, safety, pollution control and infrastructure improvement measures to be included.
- Collection of plant data and interaction with plant personnel.
- Carrying out process measurements during steady operation of plant covering temperature, pressure, flow & power.
- Analysis of plant design and operating data to identify the potential capacity major equipments.
- Carrying out capacity balancing of all the major equipments to identify the shortfall/ surplus.
- Situation analysis and formulation of various alternatives for upgradation of plant capacity.
- Carrying out mass gas and heat balancing of Pyro section.
- Finding out efficiency of all the process fans.
- Recommendation of measures for improvement of plant operations.
- Carrying out the Layout feasibility of the proposed addition/modifications.
- Preparation of General arrangement drawings for the proposed addition/modifications.
- Estimation of Capital Investments of the proposed capacity enhancement measures.
- Estimation of Return on investment in terms of Simple Payback period.
Plant Capacity enhancement study will lead to:
- Increased production capacity at the minimum cost.
- Increased market share of the company.
- Reduced cost of production.
- Increased profitability.