Alternative/ Waste Derived Fuel Utilization
Waste management is gradually becoming a serious concern. An attractive solution to the problem of waste management is “co-processing of waste” in cement industry. The Alternative Fuels & Raw Material (AFR) services offered by Holtec include:
- Identification and assessment of the wastes which can be used as alternative fuels for a particular cement plant.
- Assistance in arriving at an investmentdecision for installing AFR feeding system by preparing a Detailed Feasibility Report.
- Implementation of project to use hazardous and non-hazardous waste as alternative fuels, thereby reducing fuel costs.
- Identification of various industrial units as potential suppliers of waste materials.
- Evaluation of the potential of waste material derived from these units.
- Assessment of techno-economic feasibility of using AFR in the cement kiln.
- Assessment of environmental issues, co-coordinated with various regulatory agencies.
- Finalization of a broad time frame for the implementation of the project.
- Implementation Assistance.
It helps in:
- Energy cost reduction.
- Conservation of coal.
- Reduction in CO2 emission.
- Solution to local waste problem.
- Offers leverage to achieve Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE)’s Perform Achieve Trade (PAT) targets in Indian Cement Industry.